These 1 Day Workshops ( 10.00am – 4.00pm ) will be of interest to those health professionals faced with the growing problem of working with overweight/obese clients or clients that appear to be preoccupied with weight issues/poor body image. Also those who present as underweight/food restricting/purging.
CPD 1 – WORKING WITH OBESITY, LOOKING AT FOOD ADDICTION & BINGE EATING DISORDER.
Aims and Objectives
To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity and how this programme can be integrated and delivered to this specific client group as follows:
- Look at the similarities between substance abuse and Binge Eating Disorder (BED) aka Compulsive Overeating.
- Understanding and demonstration of The Cycle of Addiction.
- Essential features of BED/Assessment tool for BED.
- Bingeing and Bulimia.
- How does Group Therapy help?
- The solution: Investigate family history of eating, relationship with food, attitude towards weight and body image, build on self-esteem, encourage openness, honesty and acceptance, motivate willingness to change, plan and structure food/meals & physical activity, discover behaviours and thought processes that tend to pre-empt a binge, investigate other obsessive behaviours, learn about triggers, implement tools to aid recovery.
- An introduction and overview of the 12-Step Facilitation Model and its value as a support during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Interactive Workshop.
- Comparing this treatment with commercial weight loss programmes.
CPD 2 – UNDERSTANDING ANOREXIA &BULIMIA. HOW CAN WE SUPPORT & WORK WITH SUFFERERS?
Aims and Objectives
To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of Anorexia and Bulimia
To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in treatment
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia (DSM V reference)
- Characteristics of bulimia (DSM V reference)
- Cycle of addiction and its correlation to anorexia/bulimia
- Other addictive behaviours often associated to anorexia/bulimia.
- Interactive group workshop.
- 12 step introduction for working with anorexia/bulimia.
- Thought for the Day
Handouts will be provided and a CPD Certificate of Attendance will be given on completion of each of these courses.
Venues will be in London and Hertfordshire.
Please email Rochelle Craig, click here for further information on course dates and venues.
Full payment of £75-00 is required in order to secure a place. Cancellation policy is 7 days in order to receive a full refund.
CPD TRAINING – OUTREACH
I also present the full one day workshop at a venue of your choice and hosted by you. The fee for this service is £300 for up to 20 people and £350 for 21-30 people.